Pages

On the Street.....Moscow in Color



Growing up during the end of the Cold War, I had always heard that Russia was super grey and depressing. Isn't there an old, famous Burger King commercial about a Russian fashion show? All the "models" were wearing head-to-toe grey and dressed exactly alike. Not that I base my world view on burger commercials, but I continue to be surprised at just how much bright, vivid color is in Moscow. I love that this young lady, who is so dramatic in her tailored, red coat, is not a fashionista but a typical working girl... actually, an "Account Manager for a built-in appliances manufacturer."

I mean, I don't know any "Account Manager for a built-in appliance manufacturer" in Queens, New York that dresses like her. If so, I'd visit Queens more often.

Followers